The EU has 26 member states: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic,Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Malta,Cyprus,Romania,Bulgaria
CE mark is a kind of security certification mark, which is regarded as the passport of the manufacturer to open and enter the European market. CE stands for CONFORMITE EUROPEENNE (CE) The products of the logo can be sold in the EU member states without meeting the requirements of each member state, thus realizing the free circulation of goods in the EU member states in the EU market.
CE Mark is a compulsory certification mark, whether within the EU products, products, or other countries want to free circulation in the EU market, must be labeled with CE mark, to show that the product is in conformity with the EU technical coordination and standardization methods The basic requirement of the instruction. This is a mandatory requirement put forward by the European law on product CE certification for the products of various countries in the European market for trade to provide a unified technical specifications, simplified trade procedures any country’s products to enter the European Union European Free Trade Zone must be CE certification, CE mark on the product Therefore, CE certification is the passport for the product to enter the European Union and the European Free Trade Zone national market.
The necessity of applying for CE certification
CE certification means that the product has reached the safety requirements stipulated by the EU directive. It is a commitment of enterprises to consumers, which increases consumers’ trust in products; Products with the CE mark will reduce the risk of being sold in the European market. These risks include:
- the risk of being detained and investigated by customs;
- The risk of being investigated and punished by the market supervision organ;
- The risk of being accused by peers for competitive purposes.
The EU Directive defines
the basic directive: it applies to manufacturers of all products and covers trade enforcement liability and many other issues such as CE certification compliance assessment General product safety and product liability, some involve most of the products and suppliers, such as general product safety directive and conformity assessment procedures and CE certification criteria and other general directives; related to a professional scope of products, such as low voltage directive (LVD) and electromagnetic compatibility directive (EMC) Specialized Product Directive: it applies specifically to certain products, such as telecommunications equipment and medical equipment, which are highly hazardous.
- Low Voltage Directive (LVD) :2014/35/EU
Low Voltage Directive (LVD) 2014/35/EU aims to ensure the safety of low-voltage equipment in use The scope of application of the directive is to use electrical products with voltages between 50V and 1000V AC and 75V to 1500V DC. This directive contains all safety rules for this equipment, including protection against mechanical hazards. Equipment shall be designed and constructed in such a way that it will not be hazardous when used for its intended purpose under normal operating conditions or under failure conditions
Summary: The use of voltage between AC 50V to 1000V and DC 75V to 1500V electronic and electrical products CE certification, must be low voltage instruction LVD certification
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) Directive No. :2014/30/EUElectromagnetic compatibility (EMC) is the ability of equipment or systems to operate in accordance with requirements in their electromagnetic environment without causing intolerable electromagnetic interference to any equipment in their environment Therefore,EMC has two requirements: On the one hand, the electromagnetic interference generated by devices during normal operation does not exceed a certain threshold; On the other hand, it means that the appliance has a certain degree of immunity to electromagnetic interference in the environment, that is, electromagnetic sensitivity summary: CE certification for live products must be conducted for EMC instruction certification
- Wireless Instruction (RED) Instruction No. :2014/53/EUThis instruction is required for CE certification of live products transmitted and received in wireless band Wireless product CE certification needs to do the instructions :EMC instructions,LVD instructions,RTTE instructions,EMF instructions (according to the wireless product and human body distance to determine whether to do EMF)
- Machinery Directive (MD) Directive No. :2006/42/EC Machinery Directive mentioned in the machinery directive includes a single set of machinery related to a group of machinery and rechangeable equipment with no live machinery to do CE certification, the certification of machinery directive, if live machinery, generally also need to supplement the machinery safety LVD directive certification It should be noted that dangerous machinery should be distinguished. Dangerous machinery requires CE certification of the announcement body.
- PPE Directive No. EU 2016/425
THE PPE is short for personal protective equipment and refers to any device or appliance worn or carried by an individual for protection against one or more dangers to health and safety It is mainly used to protect employees from serious work-related injury or disease caused by exposure to chemical radiation, electric equipment, human equipment, mechanical equipment or in some dangerous workplaces. For example: protective shoes and goggles for work; Sunglasses for the home, gardening gloves; PPE directive does not distinguish between work and leisure PPE All personal protective equipment, whether for work, home use and PPE for leisure or sport, should comply with this Directive
- TOY Directive no. 2009/48/EC EN71 certification is the standard for TOY products in the EuropeanUnion market Children are the whole society care and care of the group, children’s popular toy market is developing rapidly, at the same time, all kinds of toys due to various aspects of quality problems to bring harm to children also happen from time to time, so the world’s toys on their market requirements are becoming increasingly strict Many countries have established their own safety regulations for these products, and manufacturing companies must ensure that their products meet relevant standards before they are sold in the region. Manufacturers must be held responsible for accidents caused by manufacturing defects, poor design or inappropriate material use Thus launched in EUrope toys EN71 certification law, its meaning is to enter the European market through THE EN71 standard of toy products for technical specifications, so as to reduce or avoid toys harm to children EN71 according to different toys, there are different testing part requirements
- Building Materials Directive (CPR) Directive 305/2011/EUBuilding Products Directive: Each EU Member State shall ensure that buildings and civil works within its territory are not designed and constructed in a manner that is appropriate for humans, livestock or poultry. The adoption of CPD directives to harmonize building product standards for the safety of property and other basic requirements to safeguard the general welfare; CPD is not only related to the safety of the building, but also related to the healthy service life of the building, energy conservation, environmental protection, economic factors and other important factors of public interest.
CE certification – Process
This process is suitable for manufacturers to apply for CE certification from a third-party laboratory:
- The manufacturer shall submit oral or written preliminary application to BORY.
- The applicant shall fill in the product testing application form, application form, specification and technical documents and Email them to BORY.
- BORY determines inspection standards and items and gives quotation
- The applicant confirms the quotation and sends samples and relevant technical documents to BORY
- The applicant provides technical documents.
- BORY issues a charge notice to the Applicant, and the applicant pays the certification fee according to the charge notice.
- BORY conducts product tests and reviews technical documentation.
- The review of technical documents includes :
A is the document complete
B is the document written in the official language of ec (English, German or French)
- BORY will notify the applicant of improvement
- if the technical documentation is incomplete or the specified language is not used. If the test is not qualified,BORY will inform the applicant in time and allow the applicant to improve the product until the applicant who is qualified in the test should modify the technical data in the original application to reflect the actual situation after the change
- BORY will issue a notice of supplementary charge to the applicant for any rectification charges related to clause 9 and 10 of this page.
- The applicant shall pay the rectification fee according to the supplementary charge notice.
- BORY shall provide the Applicant with product test report or technical document, CE compliance certificate, and CE mark instruction
- The applicant shall sign the CE self-declaration and attach the CE mark to the product