What is CE certification?
CE certification is limited to the basic safety requirements of products that do not endanger the safety of human beings, animals and goods, rather than general quality requirements. The harmonization directive only provides the main requirements, and the general directive requirements are standard tasks. Therefore, the accurate meaning is :CE mark is a safety qualification mark rather than a quality qualification mark. Is the “main requirement” that forms the core of the European directive.
The “CE” mark is a safety certification mark that is regarded as a passport for manufacturers to open and enter the European market. CE stands for CONFORMITE EUROPEENNE.
In the European Union market, the “CE” mark is a mandatory certification mark. Whether it is the product produced by enterprises within the European Union, or the product produced by other countries, if you want to circulate freely in the European Union market, you must paste the “CE” mark to show that the product meets the basic requirements of the European Union’s “New Method of Technical Harmonization and Standardization” directive. This is a mandatory requirement for products under EU law.
Benefits of applying for CE
Eu laws, regulations and harmonization standards are not only numerous, but also very complex in content. Therefore, it is wise to save time, effort and risk by obtaining the help of the designated institutions of THE EU.
CE certification by the European Union designated institutions, can be a large extent to obtain the trust of consumers and market supervision agencies;
Can effectively prevent the emergence of those irresponsible accusations;
In the case of litigation, the CE certificate of the European Union designated institution will become the technical evidence with legal effect;
Once punished by the EU countries, certification bodies and enterprises will share the risk, thus reducing the risk of enterprises.
CE certification period
CE certification to choose different types of institutions for different time, different products for different cycles.
·Domestic certification testing time is relatively fast, generally completed in 1-3 weeks, the specific need to be combined with the product situation to decide.
·Choosing an international certification body will last 2-4 weeks.
·General product cycle: 7-10 working days.
The cycle of wireless products is: simple wireless products usually take 1-2 weeks (working days). If products with other functions, such as WIFI function, GPS positioning function, Bluetooth module, 2G/3G/4G Internet access function, the normal time is 2-3 weeks (working days).
Technical documents that enterprises need to prepare:
1. Product use, installation and maintenance instructions.
2. Product assembly drawing (structure drawing) and electrical principle drawing.
3. List of key materials (serial number, name, material model, rated parameters, manufacturer, certification status).
4. Description of the differences between different models and specifications in the same unit.
5. Product trademarks and nameplates.
6. Management System Certificate
Basic process of applying for CE certification:
1, the applicant fill in the CE certification application form, provide product information.
2, the engineer confirm the product inspection standards and instructions to make quotation.
3. The applicant confirms the offer and both parties sign the CE certification contract.
4. The testing institution shall arrange the test and the applicant shall provide relevant technical materials.
5. After testing, issue CE certificate and test report, send confirmation to customers for confirmation and issue CE certificate.